Tuesday, December 16

Bummed about losing posts

I guess I lost all the posts I had before switching to the Christmas background. I thought I had it backed up, but, uh, I can't find it right now. It's gotta be here somewhere, right? I'll stumble across it before too long. In the meantime, have you seen all the Christmas Scrapbook blog trains going around? I've seen them with as many as 80 separate participants. My fav so far is the Christmas Around the World train as it has a color focus of blue this year. There are so many on that train it's next to impossible to download them all even with a whole month to do it in. I have to finish up our cards and get them in the mail tomorrow. I can't believe Christmas has crept up on me again this year. Ayiana chose the picture we'll put on the cards. She is such a sweety. I won't put up the picture until after Christmas in case anyone is snooping, but it's a photo to melt a mother's heart. At least people should still get them before Christmas. I've only gotten a couple myself so maybe people aren't sending them like in previous years. The economy is hitting hard in even the smallest ways. And from what I hear, most likely we won't be pulling out of this until 2010. Somehow I feel insulated here in New Mexico. Small towns don't see the unemployment quite as bad because we are already pretty self sufficient. Having the Walmart finally forces the other stores to become competitive or go out of business. I don't go out to eat much anyway, so that won't change my lifestyle. I have my warm bungalow next to the Rio Grande, my two girls doing well, a reliable car, even I am able to work pt faculty, one class per semester. That is something to be grateful for. That gives me an idea. I'll have to work on this and get back to you. But do come back. I should have more time to focus on putting my blog in order between semesters, so I can't wait to get to it. In the meantime, time for a good night's rest. Til tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Sweet Lady,
I wanted to Thank You for the Lovely Comments you have left on my blog, and of course I would like to hear about the "convoy" - My nickname, Idgie, was given to me by my daughter Chelsea - Needless to say, Fried Green Tomatoes is one of my all time favorite movies! Smiles... It appears that you have a very interesting life! I will be watching for a definition of the term "convoy"
Thanks Again!
Hugs From Idgie